12. Quiz 2 Corinthians Chapter 12

 Quiz 2 Corinthians Chapter 12

Read 2 Corinthians Chapter 12

2 കൊറിന്തോസ് അദ്ധ്യായം 12

Quiz 2 Corinthians Chapter 12

1. Why did Paul refrain from boasting too much about himself?

   A. Fear of being judged 

   B. Desire for humility 

   C. Lack of achievements 

   D. Modesty 

   Answer 1: B. Desire for humility (2 Corinthians 12:6)

6Although if I should wish to boast, I would not be foolish, for I would be telling the truth. But I refrain, so that no one may think more of me than what he sees in me or hears from me

2. According to Paul, where was the person caught up to who heard ineffable things?

   A. First heaven 

   B. Second heaven 

   C. Third heaven 

   D. Paradise 

   Answer 2: C. Third heaven (2 Corinthians 12:2-4)

2I know someone in Christ who, fourteen years ago (whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows), was caught up to the third heaven.

3And I know that this person (whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows)

4was caught up into Paradise and heard ineffable things, which no one may utter.a

3. What purpose did the thorn in the flesh serve according to Paul?

   A. To test his faith 

   B. To keep him from being too elated 

   C. To punish him for his sins 

   D. To humble him before God 

   Answer 3: B. To keep him from being too elated (2 Corinthians 12:7)

7because of the abundance of the revelations. Therefore, that I might not become too elated, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, an angel of Satan, to beat me, to keep me from being too elated.

4. How many times did Paul beg the Lord for the removal of the thorn in the flesh?

   A. Once 

   B. Twice 

   C. Three times 

   D. Four times 

   Answer 4: C. Three times (2 Corinthians 12:8)

8Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me,

5. What was the Lord's response to Paul's request to remove the thorn in the flesh?

   A. "I will remove it immediately." 

   B. "My grace is sufficient for you." 

   C. "You must endure it for a lifetime." 

   D. "Your weakness is a sign of your unworthiness." 

   Answer 5: B. "My grace is sufficient for you." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

9 but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me

6. In what context did Paul say, "I will go on to visions and revelations of the Lord"?

   A. Talking about his missionary journeys 

   B. Discussing his personal achievements 

   C. Boasting about his spiritual experiences 

   D. Describing his interactions with other apostles 

   Answer 6: C. Boasting about his spiritual experiences (2 Corinthians 12:1)

1I must boast; not that it is profitable, but I will go on to visions and revelations of the Lord.

7. What did Paul boast about concerning himself?

   A. His strength and achievements 

   B. His weaknesses 

   C. His knowledge of the law 

   D. His successful conversion of many people 

   Answer 7: B. His weaknesses (2 Corinthians 12:5)

5About this person I will boast, but about myself I will not boast, except about my weaknesses.

8. According to Paul, why was he content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints?

   A. He enjoyed suffering 

   B. It brought him closer to the Corinthians 

   C. It demonstrated the power of Christ in him 

   D. It was a form of penance for his past actions 

   Answer 8: C. It demonstrated the power of Christ in him (2 Corinthians 12:10)

10Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ;e for when I am weak, then I am strong.

9. What did Paul say about his weaknesses and the power of Christ?

   A. His weaknesses made Christ's power irrelevant 

   B. Christ's power was weakened by Paul's weaknesses 

   C. Paul boasted in his weaknesses so that the power of Christ may dwell with him 

   D. Weaknesses were a hindrance to the manifestation of Christ's power 

   Answer 9: C. Paul boasted in his weaknesses so that the power of Christ may dwell with him (2 Corinthians 12:9)

9 but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me.

10. Why did Paul decide not to boast excessively about his visions and revelations?

   A. To avoid appearing arrogant 

   B. Because they were not significant 

   C. He wanted to keep them a secret 

   D. The Corinthians were not interested in spiritual matters 

   Answer 10: A. To avoid appearing arrogant (2 Corinthians 12:6)

6Although if I should wish to boast, I would not be foolish, for I would be telling the truth. But I refrain, so that no one may think more of me than what he sees in me or hears from me

11. Why did Paul express his readiness to come to the Corinthians for the third time?

   A. To burden them with financial requests

   B. To receive commendation from them

   C. To show his love for them

   D. To compete with "superapostles"

      Answer 11: C. To show his love for them (2 Corinthians 12:14-15)

14Now I am ready to come to you this third time. And I will not be a burden, for I want not what is yours, but you. Children ought not to save for their parents, but parents for their children.

15I will most gladly spend and be utterly spent for your sakes. If I love you more, am I to be loved less?

 

12. What does Paul express regret for in 2 Corinthians 12: 13?

   A. Failing to perform signs and wonders

   B. Not burdening the Corinthians financially

   C. Being deceived by others

   D. Withholding privileges from the Corinthians

      Answer 13: B. Not burdening the Corinthians financially (2 Corinthians 12:13)

13 In what way were you less privileged than the rest of the churches, except that on my part I did not burden you? Forgive me this wrong!h

13. In what way does Paul claim to have gotten the better of the Corinthians in 2 Corinthians 12: 16?

   A. Through honesty and transparency

   B. By deceit

   C. Through signs and wonders

   D. Through financial burden

      Answer 14: B. By deceit (2 Corinthians 12:16)

16But granted that I myself did not burden you, yet I was crafty and got the better of you by deceit. 

14. Whom did Paul urge to go to the Corinthians along with Titus?

   A. "Superapostles"

   B. The brother

   C. Endorsers of his ministry

   D. Those who took advantage of the Corinthians

      Answer 15: B. The brother (2 Corinthians 12:18)

18I urged Titus to go and sent the brother with him. Did Titus take advantage of you? Did we not walk in the same spirit? And in the same steps?j

15. What does Paul emphasize he does not want from the Corinthians when he expresses his readiness to come to them again?

   A. Their commendation

   B. Their financial support

   C. Their privileges

   D. Their endorsement of "superapostles"

   Answer 16: B. Their financial support (2 Corinthians 12:14)

14Now I am ready to come to you this third time. And I will not be a burden, for I want not what is yours, but you. Children ought not to save for their parents, but parents for their children.

16. According to Paul, in what way were the signs of an apostle performed among the Corinthians?

   A. With arrogance and pride

   B. With humility and meekness

   C. With all endurance, signs and wonders, and mighty deeds

   D. With a desire for personal gain

   Answer 17: C. With all endurance, signs and wonders, and mighty deeds (2 Corinthians 12:12)

12 The signs of an apostle were performed among you with all endurance, signs and wonders, and mighty deeds

17. What does Paul express about his relationship with the Corinthians in terms of burden and spending?

   A. He wants to burden them with his needs

   B. He will spend without any regard for them

   C. He wants not what is theirs but them

   D. He considers them a financial burden

   Answer 18: C. He wants not what is theirs but them (2 Corinthians 12:14-15)

14Now I am ready to come to you this third time. And I will not be a burden, for I want not what is yours, but you. Children ought not to save for their parents, but parents for their children.

15I will most gladly spend and be utterly spent for your sakes. If I love you more, am I to be loved less?

18. In 2 Corinthians 12: 15, why does Paul express his willingness to be utterly spent for the Corinthians' sake?

    A. To gain personal glory

    B. To prove his superiority over the "superapostles"

    C. To demonstrate his genuine love for them

    D. To receive financial support from them

    Answer 20: C. To demonstrate his genuine love for them (2 Corinthians 12:15)

15I will most gladly spend and be utterly spent for your sakes. If I love you more, am I to be loved less?

19. What was Paul's primary concern when deciding not to come to the Corinthians again in painful circumstances?

   A. Fear of persecution 

   B. Lack of funds 

   C. Concern for their well-being 

   D. Personal discomfort 

   Answer 21: C. Concern for their well-being (2 Corinthians 2:1)

1I must boast; not that it is profitable, but I will go on to visions and revelations of the Lord.

22. In 2 Corinthians 12:19, what is the motivation behind Paul's defense before the Corinthians?

   A. Personal glory 

   B. Building up the Corinthians 

   C. Selfish ambition 

   D. Fear of rejection 

   Answer 22: B. Building up the Corinthians (2 Corinthians 12:19)

19Have you been thinking all along that we are defending ourselves before you? In the sight of God we are speaking in Christ, and all for building you up, beloved.

23. According to 2 Corinthians 12:20, what is Paul afraid of finding when he comes to the Corinthians?

   A. Unity and love 

   B. Rivalry, jealousy, and disorder 

   C. Generosity and humility 

   D. Faithfulness and repentance 

   Answer 23: B. Rivalry, jealousy, and disorder (2 Corinthians 12:20)

20For I fear that when I come I may find you not such as I wish, and that you may find me not as you wish; that there may be rivalry, jealousy, fury, selfishness, slander, gossip, conceit, and disorder.k

24. What does Paul fear might happen when he comes again to the Corinthians, as mentioned in 2 Corinthians 12:21?

   A. God humiliating him 

   B. Encountering impurity and immorality 

   C. Receiving praise and honor 

   D. Celebrating the Corinthians' righteousness 

   Answer 24: A. God humiliating him (2 Corinthians 12:21)

21I fear that when I come again my God may humiliate me before you, and I may have to mourn over many of those who sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, immorality, and licentiousness they practiced.

25. According to 2 Corinthians 12:21, what is Paul concerned about mourning over when he comes again?

   A. Lack of hospitality 

   B. Slander and gossip 

   C. Repentance of earlier sins 

   D. Generosity and kindness 

   Answer 25: C. Repentance of earlier sins (2 Corinthians 12:21)

21I fear that when I come again my God may humiliate me before you, and I may have to mourn over many of those who sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, immorality, and licentiousness they practiced.

26. What did Paul experience that he describes as a journey to a nonearthly space where secrets were revealed to him?

   A. Astral projection 

   B. Ecstasy 

   C. Out-of-body experience 

   D. Sleepwalking 

   Answer 26: C. Out-of-body experience (2 Corinthians 12:2-4)

2I know someone in Christ who, fourteen years ago (whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows), was caught up to the third heaven.

3And I know that this person (whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows)

4was caught up into Paradise and heard ineffable things, which no one may utter.a

27. How many times did Paul pray for the removal of the "thorn in the flesh"?

   A. Once 

   B. Twice 

   C. Three times 

   D. Four times 

   Answer 27: C. Three times (2 Corinthians 12:8)

8Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me,c

28. What was the purpose of the "thorn in the flesh" according to Jesus' response to Paul?

   A. To test Paul's faith 

   B. To humble Paul 

   C. To strengthen Paul 

   D. To punish Paul 

   Answer 28: C. To strengthen Paul (2 Corinthians 12:9)

9 but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me.

29. In what way does Paul find strength in his weakness?

   A. Through personal achievements 

   B. By relying on his own abilities 

   C. Through the power of Christ 

   D. By avoiding challenges 

   Answer 29: C. Through the power of Christ (2 Corinthians 12:10)

10Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ;e for when I am weak, then I am strong.

30. What is the significance of the "signs of an apostle" mentioned by Paul?

   A. Proof of financial success 

   B. Evidence of apostolic authority and power 

   C. Indication of worldly recognition 

   D. Symbols of personal achievements 

   Answer 30: B. Evidence of apostolic authority and power (2 Corinthians 12:12)

12 The signs of an apostle were performed among you with all endurance, signs and wonders, and mighty deeds

32. According to Paul, what is the ultimate judgment to which he submits?

   A. The judgment of the Corinthians 

   B. The judgment of other apostles 

   C. The judgment of God 

   D. The judgment of the Roman authorities 

   Answer 32: C. The judgment of God (2 Corinthians 12:19)

19Have you been thinking all along that we are defending ourselves before you? In the sight of God we are speaking in Christ, and all for building you up, beloved.

33. What does Paul express fear about regarding the Corinthians?

   A. Fear of persecution 

   B. Fear of financial loss 

   C. Fear of moral disorders 

   D. Fear of a lack of faith 

   Answer 33: C. Fear of moral disorders (2 Corinthians 12:20)

20For I fear that when I come I may find you not such as I wish, and that you may find me not as you wish; that there may be rivalry, jealousy, fury, selfishness, slander, gossip, conceit, and disorder.

34. What mood does Paul recall in 2 Corinthians 12:21, comparing it to a previous situation in 2 Corinthians 2:1–4?

   A. Joy 

   B. Humiliation and mourning 

   C. Celebration 

   D. Triumph 

   Answer 34: B. Humiliation and mourning (2 Corinthians 12:21)

21I fear that when I come again my God may humiliate me before you, and I may have to mourn over many of those who sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, immorality, and licentiousness they practiced.

35. What themes are announced in 2 Corinthians 12:19, leading into the final section?

    A. Love and unity 

    B. Judgment and building up 

    C. Fasting and prayer 

    D. Wisdom and knowledge 

    Answer 35: B. Judgment and building up (2 Corinthians 12:19)

19Have you been thinking all along that we are defending ourselves before you? In the sight of God we are speaking in Christ, and all for building you up, beloved.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3. Quiz 2 Corinthians Chapter 3

4. Quiz 2 Corinthians Chapter 4

2. Quiz 2 Corinthians Chapter 2